Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Amazing People Around Us

I love this story about David (2 Samuel 23:13-17.) At first it surprises me that David would ask for a cup of water, and then when he gets it he doesn't drink it. Courtney says he probably made this initial statement desiring the water without thinking anyone would really take him seriously and go get it.

However, what I love is David's decision to worship God in the end. I don't think he worships as much because of the water as because of the men he has around him. After he received the water, I bet he took a step back and was just amazed at the people God had put in his life. Courtney and I feel the same way and this story reminded us to take some time to thank God tonight for this very reason... the amazing people God has put in our life.

No comments: