Monday, August 18, 2008

Philippians 2:1-4

I was challenged as I read this morning this passage. The apostle Paul assumes that we are getting our needs met in the area of encouragement, comfort, fellowship, tenderness and compassion from God in our lives in walking with God. This gives us a common experience with other followers of Christ. If we are content and secure in God's love then our attitude can be one of giving and not just taking.

I was challenged with the question, "am I getting these needs met in God?" If not, am I operating on empty? Am I putting demands and trying to get from others what I need to get from God?

Jesus had an attitude of a servant because he was secure. In yesterday's message I mentioned security proceeds service. When my security comes from my connection with God each day there is enough to meet my needs and to share with others.

It seems all questions about my spiritual journey and maturity comes back to my daily connecting with God.

No comments: